About Ashley

Hi, and welcome to my blog! My name is Ashley. I’m a casual runner with a major sweet tooth and love trying all the desserts! While I try to lead a healthy, balanced lifestyle, I am also a firm believer in the 80/20 rule. That is, eating healthy 80% of the time, but leaving room for desserts and treats the other 20%.

I have been baking for at least 20 years. I enjoyed helping my mom bake a batch of cookies in the kitchen or make cheesecakes for a cookout as early as I can remember. However, I really started to find a passion for it after taking a cooking class during my senior year of high school. Since then, baking has been a part of my weekly routine, and I’m always looking for new recipes to tweak try out. Life Run Sweet is where you will find a collection of these baking adventures.

Running is a bit of a newer adventure for me. I’ve done walk/run intervals for years, but actually putting in the effort to get better at it came in the summer of 2019. That is when I signed up for my first 5K. Ever since, I have been signing up for races, working on distance and speed, and just having fun with it! I may never run an 8-minute mile, but I am determined to keep going.

Family Life

I am married to the love of my life. We just celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary in May of 2020. How time flies! Together we are goofy, sarcastic, and jokingly poke fun at each other. Never does a day go by that we don’t laugh at least a dozen times.

We don’t have children yet but do have two amazing boxer mix doggies and a noisy, lovable cat that add a touch of humor to our lives. Just recently, we uprooted from everything we know and moved to Charlotte from Columbus, OH. It has been amazing and we absolutely love it! We’re enjoying taking our dogs on walks on the nature trails and trying new, local restaurants and finding our favorites along the way!